Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Jessica Simpson's New Look


I've never been a fan of Jessica Simpson - infact I can't stand her. I hated her in the "These Boots are Made for Walkin'" video, where she was such a tart and slutting around in her bikini washing the car. But with her recent weight gain, my heart goes out to her.

She's been getting a lot of bad publicity and horrible comments on her weight gain, but at the end of the day it only goes to show she is human, and we all have moments where we gain weight due to depression, slow metabolism etc. And people can so SO CRUEL about other people's weight gain.

These pictures above are of course totally unflattering. The high waisted jeans are just a no-no and the thick belt is totally 80's. I've seen other pics of her with her weight gain and she looked far better as she camouflaged it well.

As much as I don't like her, I hope the media stops focusing on her weight gain - there are far better and more important issues to focus on, plus creating the idea that "thin is beautiful" is UNHEALTHY for women.

No comments: