Friday, July 25, 2008

First Personal Training Session

Whoa...this is my first post in 2 months. It's been a while, there wasn't anything interesting about my exercise regime to blog about. Today I finally took up the free personal training session which Celebrity Fitness provides when one joins the gym. I've joined the gym for about one and a half years and I've never taken up the free sessions - to me a good personal trainer is very important, and I wasn't sure of the quality of the personal trainers at Celebrity - as far as I knew none of them were qualified.

Anyway I agreed to be trained by a female instructor, without knowing her background or qualification. Much to my surprise, I found out that she had only been in the fitness industry for 2 months.I was pretty impressed with her though. She knew I had quite an advanced level of fitness so she gave me a circuit training program. The circuit is as follows:

1. lateral shuffle 2X
2. run forward and back
3. Shuffle on stepboard x 12 reps
4. Lateral shuffle 2x
5. run forward and back
6. push up x 12 reps
7. Lateral shuffle 2x
8. run forward and back
9. sit ups with medicine ball

It was quite strenuous, my legs were fatiguing but yet i didnt want to push that hard. After the workout I confessed to her that I was a certified trainer, and she was so embarrassed! THis is the 3rd time something like this has happened to her..she had trained 2 other persons who was also in the fitness industry!

What I liked about her is she had a quick thinking mind - she knew how to cater the program to my needs - which most trainers in Malaysia do not know how to do, and most of them end up teaching very boring basic stuff.

I've got one more session with her - i look forward to it.

No comments: