Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Puteri Gunung Ledang the Musical


I had another complimentary ticket again last night...this time it was Puteri Gunung Ledang the musical. It was a very good show, far better than M and even Grease. The performers, costumes and the set was impressive. The songs were good as well..though I had to read the surtitles most of the time as:

1. My BM isn't very good. I think in English, so I'd have to do a quick translation in my mind
2. They sing pretty fast - can't catch most things they sing
3. They've put on a Javanese accent.

Everybody was ranting and raving about Stephen Rahman Hughes, but he was pretty insipid to me. The star(s) of the show, in my opinion were AC Mizal and Tiara Jacquelina. AC Mizal starred as Adipati, the prince of Majapahit and Tiara, the princess of course (also known as Gusti Puteri Radin Adjeng Retno Dumilah - what a cool name!) Tiara really took me by surprise, she was a lot better than I had expected. Although her voice wasn't fantastic, she gave a good package overall. Her Javanese dance moves were pretty impressive.

I'd watch it again. (unlike horrible, horrible Grease)

No comments: