Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Pleasant Day at BB

My brother booked me a one night stay at Swiss Garden hotel yesterday. I got to the hotel about 4ish, the first thing that I had wanted to do was check out the swimming pool and gym. Alas, I turned on the tv and saw Eric Bana, so got side tracked for a while. The movie being shown was “Lucky You” starring Eric Bana and Drew Barrymore.




After the movie finished, I went down to check the pool and gym…the pool was so tiny, slightly bigger than a Jacuzzi pool so I did not bother to swim (plus too many people at the poolside sunbathing – I hate crowds). The gym overlooks the pool and is quite tiny too. It had 2 treadmills, 1 elliptical trainer, 1 stepper, 2 bicycles, free weights and some benches. I was happy enough with the treadmill.

Right after that I went gallivanting on Jln Bukit Bintang, and shopped a bit in BB Plaza. It’s like a whole new world as I very rarely go to that area with so many neighbourhood malls now. Saw a lot of cheap clothes, but they were mostly Ah Lian looking thingy. Only got myself a nice cheap halter neck top (which would probably last a few months only). As a teenager I used to frequent a poster shop in BB Plaza for Duran Duran posters, and much to my surprise I found that this shop still exists today!Only it mostly sells posters of football celebrities and movie posters. Later I met up with a friend and we went to Jln Alor for dinner.

We went to a restaurant called “Happy Lim Eatery”. We ordered:
Fried kangkung with belacan
Grilled stingray
Chicken satay
Marmite ribs (yummmmy!!!)






We were so tired we just went back to the hotel to chill out. Later that night some of my staff came to surprise me with a cake! It was very sweet of them.



We called it a night by 12 midnight, and slept until 8am. (The gym only opened at 8am so this was one of the rare occasions that I got to sleep in  ) We headed for the gym at 8.30am but the treadmills were all in use. So I’d started with 20 mins of the stepper, followed by 10 mins of the elliptical trainer before I got to use the treadmill. It was unbelievably hot – of all days the aircon did not work.

After I finally got on to the treadmill, it was so hot, like running in a sauna. I had to stop after 4km as I was all soaked and dripping onto the treadmill! It was also very uncomfortable and could not breathe. It’s supposed to be outdoor running day today, but I guess working out in that sauna-like room was enough!

After about an hour of workout, I showered, then we headed to Pappa Rich on Bukit Bintang for breakfast. We had the traditional toast + butter+ kaya, 2 half boiled eggs and coffee in the traditional cup and saucer. The ambience was pretty nice, except for the stupid tourist bus across the road infront of Federal Hotel honking with the loud horn and the stupid people smoking. Don’t understand why the best seats are always given to smokers. They should just ban smoking in restaurants.







It was a lovely morning, and it rained so it cooled the day. I hope the haze clears so I wont feel awful when I run outdoor.

No comments: