Monday, July 27, 2009

Fitness Test on Polar


I finally tried the POlar heart rate monitor. I did the fitness test last night, but forgot that i had had a cuppa coffee before the test. Anyway, my resting heart rate turned out to be 61bpm (which is pretty good considering I had coffee!) and my VO2 max was 47.

I was kiasu and decided to test it out in the morning again, and this time my resting heart rate was at 58bpm, with a VO2 max of 49! According to the chart and the heart rate monitor, my fitness level is ELITE (hurrah!)! I guess one can be fat and fit at the same time...oh well, if can't be skinny at least can be fit... Also, this result is that of a female in her mid 20s :) :) Double bonus!

Anyway, I used the heart rate monitor at the gym, and it could sync with the treadmill and elliptical machines because they are Polar ready. The treadmill was quite accurate in its readings, whereas the elliptical machine was not accurate as my heart rate tended to fluctuate between 130 and 160bpm when I hadn't changed my pace at all. In any case, the training zone that was set on the watch was quite low, about 70-80% of my max heart rate. ( My max heart rate is 183 - so for those of you who know the formula you can guess my age!) I usually workout to about 163-165 bpm which is about 90% of max heart rate. This morning I even went up to 170bpm..which is about 93% of my max heart rate!!!!That's crazy!!! Unless of course...my heart is actually younger than its physical age..:) :)

No comments: