Sunday, January 11, 2009

Going Nuts

Hey look what I found on a packet of Tong Garden cashew nuts. I can't believe a chinaman product actually made references to Kelly Holmes on it! She was a gold medalist in the 2004 Olympics.

I've just had some cashew nuts, and I guess this is the only time I can feel good about snacking since Kelly Holmes supposedly gave a testimony on it on BBC!

So what's good about cashew nuts?

1. Good source 0f:
  • iron (essential for red blood cell function and enzyme activity)
  • magnesium (promotes energy release and bone growth)
  • phosphorus (builds bones and teeth)
  • zinc (essential to digestion and metabolism) and
  • selenium (has important antioxidant properties, thus protecting the body from cancer).
  • protein

2. lower fat content compared to other nuts

3.contains significant amounts of phytochemicals with antioxidant properties that protects the body from cancer and heart disease.

But....

how much to eat??

1 serving (30gm) = 18 medium sized cashews

We are to eat no more than 3 servings PER WEEK.

Oops, I've just busted my quota.

TIME TO KILL MYSELF AT THE GYM!

No comments: