Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sabbatical

I'm on a 10 day exercise sabbatical. Due to Chinese new year, I've been eating twice or thrice as much but not exercising at all. Been waking up late for the last 3 days...what a luxury it is not having to rush anywhere and just spend my time with family and close friends. Wish I could do this every day of my life! Been having more than 8 hours of sleep daily..usually if I oversleep I feel tired and lethargic but for some strange reason, I feel really rested for the last 3 days. I think not rushing around also helps, not having to feel stressed etc.

This is my only long break for the year where I get to chill out and relax...Holidays with travels don't count as you come back needing more rest!

I feel so rested and recharged. This is my "refuelling" for the year... am I going to be able to last a whole year just from 3 days of rest? I pray and hope so.

I don't think I've watched so much tv (by my standards that is) in my life. I get to watch at least one movie a day if I'm not out..which I rarely get to do on a normal working day. So far the movies I have seen are:

  • Brokeback Mountain (I know, I know, it's old, only watching it after Heath kicked the bucket)
  • Wait "Til you're Older (Andy Lau movie - really sad ending)
  • Rob-B-Hood
  • CJ7
  • Happily Never After (animated cartoon)

I've also never watched so many Chinese variety shows in my life. Been catching David Tao and Lee Hom in concert. Realised I've been losing my "Ah Lianness" from listening to Hoobastank and Creed lately..so while I am getting physically recharged, I may as well recharge my Ah Lianness.

No comments: