Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Last Sunday

Ok, I've got some inspiration to blog, now that I've restored all my archive! :) The problem was was, I usually only republished index whenever I made changes to my blog without realising that I actually needed to republish the entire blog instead, so that the changes would show on previous posts.

It was an eventful weekend, it was good to have a long weekend after a long time. I really cherish such times because I hardly get long weekends off due to the nature of my work. Rested from running on Saturday, but feet were itchy so I still went to the gym. On Sunday, I joined Jenny for a double hill run. I was surprised I was able to complete the entire route as my thighs were still aching from the squats which I did on Friday. Met another runner who shares the same name with me. I started out really slow as my thighs were feeling heavy, but managed to catch up. And to think I was even ambitious enough to think of doing 15km! Collected all the New Balance shirts for the 15km run for my friends. It's blue black in colour, that's quite nice for a change; but not very safe especially when we run early in the morning. I have to go to the "My Running Shop" in Mid Valley to get those flashlights which blink in the dark to warn drivers of runners...

Later in the afternoon, my girlfriends and I had a girls' day out - went to watch "Failure to Launch". We all enjoyed it, it's one of those feelgood movies. I think the star of the show was the iguana or cave lizard or whatever the reptile may be called.

Decided to utilise my 40% discount on New Balance products before the 15km run. Got myself a pair of 901, and I was pretty pleased it came in pink! I've never owned a pair of pink sportshoes before, I guess I missed out on that in my childhood. ( I hated pink as a child). I had intended to get a pair of 1060, which I currently own and is top of the range. Unfortunately they did not have my size, so I settled for the 901 which was the next best.

New Balance 901

No comments: