Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Happenings

Boy, it has been a long day for me. Is it me, or has it been terribly humid? I just start perspiring the minute I leave my house. I loathe it. And most times I need to pin my hair up like a mad woman. It's this sort of weather which makes one fall ill. I had a runny nose yesterday and the day before. After taking Panadol C my nose was still runny so I decided to use Iliadin-Merck nasal decongestant drips last night. It was ABSOLUTELY effective...not just my nasal passage was dry but it dried out my throat as well. And of course, ambitious moi decided to run Pantai Hills route today (7km) and nearly died from the dry throat. I felt like puking and was dizzy after the run, but felt much better after rehydrating myself whilst sitting down.

I've been busy shuttling between Bangsar and Sri Hartamas for work. By virtue of that, I hope that I can reduce from looking like a salami to a Chinese sausage.

Tried shopping for shoes for my KK trip but no luck at all. Firstly, I dont know what the outer soles of trail shoes should look like. Secondly, I dont want to spend a bomb (eg Timberland) on shoes. I was advised by a seasoned trekker to get a pair of Power shoes since I dont trek often. I looked at the Power range and it was quite ugly. I guess in a way I am somewhat brand-conscious. I associate Power as a sub standard shoe and in my mind it's a "local shoe". (but it's actually Canadian).

I think I must be very tired - I seem to be rambling about a lot of things. Anyway yesterday I went to the gym and did some leg exercises as preparation for the KK trip.

Yesterday's exercise:
30 min walk on treadmill
12 min on stepper
Leg press
Leg extension
Leg curl

No comments: